Among flu’s most common symptoms are headaches, inflammation, and other types of pain. CBD has been proven through multiple studies to be effective at treating these conditions. Although CBD can’t kill the flu virus and isn’t as effective as antiviral drugs, it may treat many symptoms of the flu well. The flu is a deadly virus, accounting for 3,000 to 49,000 deaths each year in the United States.
Both common colds and the flu are prevalent during wintertime. Colds are caused by viruses, such as rhinovirus, and these are characterized mainly by sore throat, cough, runny nose, and congestion. On the other hand, influenza or the flu, is caused by the flu virus. These what does CBD feel like are commonly accompanied by coughing fits, headaches, migraines, and even fever and fatigue.
Many individuals die from this year after year, especially during epidemics. anecdotally, i’ve gotten the pre-flu body aches after smoking too much, sometimes it turns into full on fever or cold. it could be that the cannabinoids just increase your awareness of a pre-existing cold/flu, or your immune system was going full steam ahead on an infection and smoking throws a wrench in the gears. it could also be from all the other byproducts of organic combustion, including carbon monoxide, benzene, and other undesirable hydrocarbons.
- For this reason, it is regulated differently from THC-containing marijuana.
- CB1 receptors are located in the central nervous system , intestines, connective tissues, and gonads and several other glands.
- CB2 receptors are located in the spleen, tonsils, thymus, and immune cells; only a few are in the brain.
- CBD is a compound isolated from the Cannabis sativa plant that does not contain the psychoactive chemical tetrahydrocannabinol , known to produce the “high” users feel.
- CBD comes from hemp varieties of the cannabis plant, as opposed to the strains known as marijuana, which have higher amounts of THC.
Inflammation And The Common Cold
As soon as I could muster up some energy to get up, I found my bottle of CBD oil and took 15 drops. conducted by the National Institute of health looked at the effects of CBD on migraines. It concluded that CBD can act on the ECS to reduce the pain commonly associated with migraines. It specifically does this by reducing acute inflammation in certain tissue areas commonly associated with migraines. These areas are usually the ones responsible for inducing pain sensations, and by reducing inflammation in them, CBD consequently reduces pain.
Best Strains Of Marijuana To Use For Pneumonia Symptoms And Treatment Side Effects
burning any plant matter generates these toxic and potentially carcinogenic compounds, but the proapoptotic effect of cannabinoids more than cancels out any cancer risk. Since starting this CBD blog, I have tried CBD for everything.